I have recently released a plugin which allows registered users to rate posts using simple Reddit-style (up/ down) rating controls.
The rating controls will appear automatically at the bottom of your posts. Only users who are logged in will be able to rate posts.
Here’s what the ratings widget looks like:
- Basic thumbs up/ thumbs down ratings
- Ratings are submitted using AJAX
- Users can update their ratings
- Display total number of thumbs up/ thumbs down ratings
- Unpack the downloaded zip file contents into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Check out the plugin on WordPress.org
Questions/ suggestions/ feedback? Let us know in the comments section below.
Last year I wrote a program which plays songs from people’s tweets. The program sat around gathering dust for some time, so I’ve decided to break it out again and have some fun with it.
Here’s how it works:
Send a tweet to @Pegleg_AU with your note names, separated with spaces. Check the webcam feed to hear your song being played out loud. The following diagram illustrates the note names (note that only one octave is currently supported*).
A basic song:
@Pegleg_AU C3 E3 Gb3 E3
A song using chords:
@Pegleg_AU C3D3 Ab3Bb3 B3
We have shutdown the webcam feed, but it was fun while it lasted. Thanks to everyone who tweeted your music!
Check back here for updates to the script.
The full source for this program is available on the github repository.
* I plan to add additional notes at some stage, however there is a bit of effort involved in converting the samples to the correct bitrate. Of course, anybody is welcome to help me add these :-) The piano samples are available from the University of Iowa Electronic Music Studios.